Thursday 6 March 2014

Mapungubwe - 6m expedition



I have made plans to operate 6m from a place as far north in South Africa as is practically possible.

The venue is Mapungubwe nature reserve. It also happens to be the spot where South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe borders meet.

Operation will commence on 24 March and will end 28 March 2014.

The grid locator: KG47qs

Main focus will be on TEP using CW and SSB; I will however try and assist with local MS skeds using FSK441 if there is a requirement.

I plan to run an attended beacon on 50.103 MHz calling with a very short ‘CQ’ followed by a 30 second pause. I will be within earshot, please call if heard.

As far as I know there is no internet access at this venue. I will endeavour to drive to a spot where I can access the cellular network once a day, to check my email to see if there are any special requests or messages. Email adress is OK on QRZ.com

My DXCC wish list for the trip

1A, 3V, 5A, 7X, C3, E4, EA9, ES, GD, GI, GM, GU, GW, HB0, HZ, LA, LY, OD, OH, SU, T6, T7, UA, UK, UN, YI, YK, YL



1 comment:

  1. Hi Pierre, hope to work you 2morrow or so. Have a nice time there... A2 and Z2 sounds very close, GL !

    Alessandro, IZ5MOQ

    ReplyDelete