Tuesday 3 January 2012

ARISSat – 3 Jan 2012


I am a little miffed at myself for missing out on a few seconds of the SSTV image below.

The transmissions only begin some 13 seconds after the satellite flies into the sunlit side of the earth. I was flipping between the linear transponder and the FM downlink and I guess I missed out on a few seconds of what could have been an interesting image. I suspect that the transmissions only started part way through the image anyway.

Did manage to have a quick QSO on SSB with Andre ZS2BK, and heard myself clearly on CW as well.

I hope ARISSat will still be operating tomorrow, thus giving us a last chance at capturing the final images. It would be rather cool to witness the last moments before it get destroyed?

Most experts seem to agree that it should re-enter tomorrow the 4th of January 2012 some time.


ARISSat 3 January 2012 @ 0427 UTC

No comments:

Post a Comment